Customer update: Tier 4 lockdown from 20th December 2020
Following the latest statement from First Minister Mark Drakeford, Wales entered the strictest Alert Level of lockdown, Tier 4, at 00:01 on Sunday 20th December.
All of our regular security measures remain in place, and our remote sign-up system is still in effect up to 5pm on Wednesday 23rd December.
We’re fully committed to the health and safety of our customers and staff, and will continue operating our storage sites in accordance with the official guidance.
The new lockdown will be reviewed every 3 weeks from January, and we will keep all customers informed of any service changes at either of our sites.
Visiting your storage unit
Critical & essential workers only may visit their units during the current Tier 4 restrictions.
‘Am I a critical worker?’ – check your eligibility on the Welsh Government website, gov.wales →
New storage bookings
For brand new storage customers, we’re currently operating a remote sign-up service.
- Get in touch via our social media, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone us on 02920 361 361 or message us via our contact form.
- We’ll take you through our booking process & take card payments over the phone
- You can provide any of your ID documentation by scanning & sending via email, to email@example.com
- We’ll leave your keys, unit number and any ID pass you may need with our trusted security team at the gates
Health & safety measures at our sites
The health and safety of our customers is absolutely paramount to us – as is protecting the most vulnerable members of our community. It’s up to all of us to keep other safe and protected in potentially dangerous situations.
We’re monitoring and adhering to the advice given by the World Health Organisation (WHO). In March 2020, we implemented stringent measures in our storage facilities to minimise risk and keep our customers safe.
We’re offering new customers a remote sign-up service, all done from the comfort of their sofa! This eliminates the need for face-to-face contact, so you can book your storage unit safely.
Other health & safety measures at our facilities include:
- We have instructed our cleaners to increase their disinfectant routines
- Hand sanitisers have been placed around the site along with extra signage
- Staff regularly wipe door handles, push plates, card terminals, telephones and all contactable areas
- We have placed disposable gloves on our caravan/motorhome wash facilities
- We have placed a drop-off box for vacating customers returning locks and ID cards
- We are encouraging customers to ring through any queries rather than visit the office
- We’ll be updating our customers via our social media channels to keep you informed
- We operate a closed door policy – we manage customers remotely or from our temporary holding office
- All our staff have their temperature recorded daily before starting work on a thermal image camera
- Our facilities are registered NHS track & trace businesses
- Protection screens have been put in place to protect customers and staff
- Extra signage around site to help customers maintain social distancing
- We provide face masks for anyone who has forgotten them!
Security at our sites
Rest assured, our security remains at FULL capacity. Our security teams are working hard 24/7, as usual, to keep your units & vehicles safe. We also have a reserve of security personnel on standby, should we need them.
Please be assured that providing high-level security is our utmost priority, as always.
Despite current restrictions imposed across the UK, our customers should be in no doubt that our security carries on at full capacity, including:
- 24/7 monitored CCTV surveillance
- Security team on-site – 24/7, 365 days a year
- Regular security patrols with dogs
- Manned entry-point with ID required
- Alarmed perimeter fencing
We’re here to answer your questions
If you have any questions at all regarding how we’re dealing with Covid-19, or anything else storage-related, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Thanks for reading and please stay safe,
The blue self storage team